Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Date Balls : Paleo, gluten free, sugar free, vegan, raw

I whipped these up yesterday and they're awesome!! Even my mom thinks so! So awesome and simple that I had to share even though I'm not a food blogger.




My recipe disclaimer:
I generally just throw things together and don't measure the ingredients out. These measurements are a safe guess as to how much I remember using while preparing them. You may need to adjust your amounts slightly for your personal taste.

1 cup dried dates
2 1/2 tbsp raw coca powder
1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/8-1/4 cup pecan chunks
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut


Soak dates in water for about an hour. Drain water. Chop up dates into a mushy pulp or use a food processor. Stir in salt coca and salt. This can take a bit to combine well. Warm coconut oil until just melted (you can do this with your hands too) then add in coconut oil. Add pecans.
Form into 1/2 inch balls. I made them small because they are rich and pack a punch in such a small size. (That's saying a lot for me because I can handle me some rich chocolate!)
Roll balls in the shredded coconut.
Store in the fridge because they can get a little melty.

Variations:
Whatever you want! You could use different nuts or even seeds instead, sprinkle with sea salt instead of coconut, the possibilities are endless!

Enjoy and Share!





2 comments:

  1. Just made these, only added a little more coconut oil and some vanilla, and subbed some almonds for the pecans. YUM! They are amazing. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them! :) I had to eliminate vanilla and almonds from my diet but I'm sure they make great additions to this recipe!

      Delete